2 large chicken breasts**
1/2 pound smoked sausage, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1 quart homemade chicken broth
1 KNORR tomato bouillon
salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
2 cups long grain rice
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion and celery, sauteing until tender.
- Add sausage and saute until onion and sausage brown.
- In a small skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and when melted saute chicken pieces until cooked through. Add to dutch oven.
- In a saucepan bring the broth to a simmer and add the bouillon cube and seasonings, cooking until well blended. Add to the dutch oven.
- Add the rice and simmer slowly for 30 minutes without peeking for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and corn bread.