Taste and Create was started as a food event by Nicole from For the Love of Food. The whole purpose of Taste and Create was, and has been, and continues to be to create a community of bloggers who test each others’ recipes and share links. The participants of the event are paired together and try a new recipe from one another's blog.
This month I was paired with PJ from SEDUCE YOUR TASTEBUDS. I love being paired with someone I've never been paired with before I inevitably learn sooooooo much, and find great new recipes, but PJ and I have been paired several times and I still find lots of great new to me recipes. I chose her HAWAIIAN COFFEE and CELERY SOUP recipes this time. It was really getting cold here so the combo of the coffee and the soup really appealed to me.
Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
Sugar to taste
- Take coconut milk in a sauce pan and put in sugar.
- Simmer for a few minutes till it bubbles on the side.Stir a couple of times in between.
- In a serving mug put in the dissolved coffee powder.
- Pour the coconut milk over it. Stir gently [ That way you will have a foamy and bubbly coffee]
- Enjoy your cup of Hawaiian coffee.......
- Instead of instant coffee powder, freshly brewed coffee can also be used
- This coffee can also be served with a garnish of toasted / roasted [grated] coconut.
- Another method of preparing this coffee is to simmer milk with grated coconut for 10-15 minutes. It is filtered into the mug.Add coffee and sugar. Mix and serve.
Celery- 5 stalks, chopped
Potato-1, peeled and cubed
Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
Vegetable stock-4 cups
Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon, chopped
White sesame seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Black sesame seeds – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in onion, white sesame seeds, garam masala and sauté till onion is transparent.
- Put in potato and celery and sauté for a minute. Add stock and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool and puree.
- Transfer the puree onto a pan and bring to a boil. Adjust consistency by adding more stock / water.
- Put in coriander and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? Just email Min @ email@example.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.
Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....